Thursday, May 03, 2012

Flitcroft: ‘I want to go up as champions next year’

 Source: Chorley Guardian

 CHORLEY FC boss Garry Flitcroft has told his players to put the misery of failing to get promoted from the Evostik Premier Division North.

The Magpies lost 2-0 to FC United of Manchester on Saturday and Flitcroft had to lift his squad after a disappointing result.

He said: “After the game I told the lads that they had worked hard for me and I want them to keep their heads up.

“We have to win the league next year because I am fed up of qualifying via the play-off and be champions.

“It was a real shame because Ciaran Kilheeney had a great chance before FC United scored.

“They went directly up the pitch and took the lead.

“It could have been so different if that had gone in.

“It was a great achievement to get in the play-offs because earlier in the season we could have gone under.

“I wanted to thank the supporters and businesses for all their help.

“I am starting to talk to players from higher divisions about joining us.

“It means that I cannot rest and I have always tried to strengthen the team each season as I want to win the league next year.”