Friday, September 28, 2007

Chorley to hit a high

Source: The Chorley Citizen

By Citizen reporter

CHORLEY are expecting their biggest league crowd in almost 20 years as FC United of Manchester prepare to descend on Victory Park tomorrow.

Club officials are anticipating a gate of more than 2,000 and manager Gerry Luczka has urged his players to put their recent poor form behind them.

"It's a game we are really looking forward to," said the Magpies boss.

"It promises to be a great occasion and I just hope my players respond to it."

After a promising start to the season, the Magpies have struggled for form of late, and they were beaten again on Tuesday night - 2-1 away to Bamber Bridge - in the UniBond Challenge Cup.

Now Luczka, who snapped up goalkeeper Peter Collinge from Clitheroe earlier this week, is threatening to shake up his squad by making further changes after conceding he needs more height and physical presence.

"My team selection tomorrow is going to be very important," added Luczka.

"It will give the lads the chance to show me they are up for the challenge.

"I said to all the lads at the start of the season I'd give them 10 games to prove themselves.

"I've now made my assessment and I'm looking to make changes - hopefully in the next few days."