Friday, October 19, 2007

Colin Bell signs for the Reds

Source: Lancashire Evening Post

Colin Bell will shock City fans this weekend, by turning out for United.
But before Manchester City fans start reaching for the valium, the legend won't be turning out for Manchester United. This is the 'other' Colin Bell, set for his FC United debut this week.

The utility player has already sparked a poll among FC fans to have his named changed by deed poll, with Lee Summerbee and Dennis Law among the suggestions.

But Bell says that he's a lifelong United fan.

"I am actually named after Colin Bell. But from his Bury days, not when he was at City," claimed the 24-year-old, who turned out for Carmarthen in the League of Wales last season.

"My mum's familly are United and my dad's are City, but i've been going to Old Trafford since I was seven.

"I will have to put in a few good performances to win this lot over."