Monday, September 27, 2010

Swann questions future after FA Cup loss

Source: Gainsborough Standard

Published Date: 27 September 2010
By Standard Sport

TRINITY chairman Peter Swann was left questioning his future at the club, after Saturday's FA Cup loss.

The Blues lost 2-1 at FC United of Manchester, with only a Lewis McMahon penalty for the visiting supporters to cheer.

Swann posted on the supporters' message board, after a post match confrontation with a fan who who Swann felt went too far in voicing his discontent at manager Brian Little.

Swann said: "I responded to the fact that all one fan could do from the time we went 2-1 down was to shout down the manager, swear continuously and show the club in a bad light."

"I cant say I was very proud of our performance and we deserve stick, but that particular fan made our club look pretty poor."

The chairman's post concluded with line: "I will be making an announcement on Monday about my future at the club after Ii have had the weekend to think about it and I have calmed down."

For more on this story see this week's Standard.