Monday, October 23, 2006

Cursed with the bad lot?

Source: Stoke City MAD
edited from longer article)

On a different matter, it was thoroughly disappointing to hear about the incidents at Newcastle Town’s match against FC United of Manchester last weekend – especially as it so happened to occur on the same day that Stoke were labelled as having the worst-behaved fans in the country. I am completely aware that this is a very small minority, but is there something that the rest of us Stoke fans can do? I’m not sure. I am sure, though, about the fact that I just don’t get it. Why do you do it? Am I strange for not wanting to throw bottles or lids at other people? Am I strange for not wanting to hurl abuse at strangers? Am I strange for walking out of the Britannia and not getting the urge to punch or kick someone half to death? You tell me. You’re not 'cool', you’re stupid.